CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ocean Blue Masa Bag


It has been awhile since I posted. Chalk it up to keeping busy with my boy's 10th birthday, another family birthday, Spring Break, preventing my children from killing each other, and of course, a magazine deadline that required me to work for a living!

I am most disappointed because I missed an opportunity to get together with one of my favoritest cousins and catch up with her. Growing up we were very close because she was much younger than her siblings and I was an only child. We are just a year apart in age. As it happens so often, life got in the way of us keeping in touch and we are just now catching up via Facebook, the blog, etc. It's nice, but not the best way to spend time with family. That is always best done one on one. I am hoping to change this situation soon.

In the meantime, I have been hooking madly. I made a bag for Zoe, which was a huge undertaking for me simply because it required sewing, which is not my strong suit.


Here is the pattern for the Masa bag. I've been calling it the "Ocean Blue" bag because that what the yarn reminds me of. I used Lily Sugar 'n Cream Stripes in "Tie-Dye."

I did make 2 modifications to the pattern. I added a lining to give the bag a bit more strength and I also added a button closure. Oh! I Scotchgard-ed it as well, to keep all that white yarn from getting filthy!

No comments: